webservice response

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

India2000
Participant

webservice response

Post by India2000 »

Hi,

I have a webservice which return multiple 2 field values for one value in the request.

When I call a webservice using soapUI it returns 15 values for a single input..Where as I call the same webservice using Datastage WS transformer the number of values it return is less than that of the SoapUI. Can any one help me out this?

Output response starts with name space declaration and response values in a continuous fashion. I have a difficulty in extracting only values from the response..if I use xml input transformer with xml document option for the response from the WS transformer,and importing output column metadata from the message_OUT..job fails...How do I need to use xml input for for this?can anyone help me out here ?

Do I need to validate input xml? Load name space in the xml input?Please advise how to convert xml to tabular data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How about you start with a bit more information about what you're trying to accomplish? If it's not too long, post the WSDL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

As you noted, you will probably need to use the xmlInput Stage "after" the Web Service Stage.....but first just make sure you are calling the service correctly. Copy your Job to a new one, and delete any xml stages that follow the web service stage. Have only a single link coming from the web service stage and send that link to a Sequential File. Put ONE column on that link....call it "SOAPresponse" or similar, and give it a longvarchar and length of something long like 99999. Go to the Message tab of the Output Link and pick this column in the "user defined message" pull down. In the sequential Stage, use 000 for delimeter and quote character if a Server Job and "none" for both if a Parallel Job.

Compile and RUn it.

Look at the xml that you get. Make sure it has the answers and results that you are looking for.

Now comb the threads and the doc and work on writing a Job that can read that file (not with the web service [yet])....Once you have learned how to parse that xml document, work on putting the two jobs together.

Each methodology has its own learning curve. Don't combine them until you are fully comfortable with both.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

by the way...this is in the wrong forum...let us know if this is a Server Job or a Parallel Job so that it can be correctly moved.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>