Parallel job reports failure (code 134)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jastichoudaryuu
Participant

Parallel job reports failure (code 134)

Post by jastichoudaryuu »

Hi,

Has anyone come across this error? Parallel job reports failure (code 134)- What is this? I don't have any other messages.

I have designed a simple job job which extracts data from db2 (odbc connector) and Transformer(one to one mapping) and loading into targte sybase(sybase bulk load stage)

i can see no other error in logs

searched the website with the error message, but none could help.

Kindly advise

Thank You ,
Anil
anilkumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try a search on just "code 134". There is a dozen hits, two of which are marked as Resolved.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jastichoudaryuu
Participant

Post by jastichoudaryuu »

Hi ray,

Thanks for the responce, i didnt find any clue on this issue, could you explain possibilities of this error
anilkumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Meaning your search didn't find anything or you read all of the posts, tried some things and nothing helped?

Out of curiousity, when the job aborted did you try resetting the job from the Director? If so, did it add anything to the log saying 'From previous run...'? If so, post the contents.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eph
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eph »

Hi,

I suggest you to contact your provider/IBM support for more info.

You can check this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR30206 (you didn't mention you DS version), or this one http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21410927, which has been provided by IBM to my project for such errors (DS v8.1).
Anyway I think contact your support for your case.

Regards,
Eric
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

I know my answer will sound stupid but even then try it. :oops:
Copy all the contents of your job and paste it in a new job.
Then try running it.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

And Also please check column to column mapping and the data types sometimes if there is a completely wrong mapping done, which throws this error abruptly.
ddsouza
Participant

Re: Parallel job reports failure (code 134)

Post by ddsouza »

I got this error recently and there was not further message. Upon investigation, we found that the SQL server had been virtualised and the database had been moved to the new SQL server. In doing so, the delete permissions were missing on the table being used in the job.

So when the job attempted to connect to sql server database and truncate the table before inserting rows, the generated code was Delete from <owner>.<tablename> and due to the permissions missing, datastage would throw the error code 134. The job executed successfully after the DBA granted the delete permission.

Regards,
Denzil
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thank you for that useful contribution.

Hopefully future searchers will happen upon this post.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.