Webservice - as a source for DS Job

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Does your WSDL definition have "include" tags in it? For example, like what is shown here?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

Follow the steps in this turorial. Quick and easy.
techiexavier
Participant

Post by techiexavier »

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

@josh.guffey - I am following the same doc for working with the WSDL. i am getting issue in the first step itself where i tried to import the definitions.

@craig - My WSDL do not have such imports.

For time being I am manually configuring the values in web services stages and proceeding with my testing. Please let me know if any other pointers for the same.

In other IBM note I found that if I install FixPack3 in the machine that will resolve the issue. I need to confirm that also. Please let me know if any one have followed this or any other way to confirm it.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

techiexavier wrote:In other IBM note I found that if I install FixPack3 in the machine that will resolve the issue. I need to confirm that also. Please let me know if any one have followed this or any other way to confirm it.
Well... you could always confirm that, one way or the other, by installing it. Why would you not want to be on the latest fixpacks?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
josh.guffey
Participant

Post by josh.guffey »

My client version is 8.5.0.1 and when I go to Import -> Table definitions -> Web services WSDL definitions and provide

Code: Select all

http://wsf.cdyne.com/WeatherWS/Weather.asmx?wsdl
in the address bar I see two ports (WeatherSoap & WeatherSoap12) with three operations each in the Web Service Explorer.

If you're unable to make it this far I would look into any specific APARs on the support portal or as you suggested look to upgrading to FP3.