Web Service - Sequential file - refresh

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Madhumitha_Raghunathan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Web Service - Sequential file - refresh

Post by Madhumitha_Raghunathan »

Hi All,

I have a web service (WISD input/output) in which the data is lookedup against a flat file on the IIS server.
The problem I am facing is that the data in the sequential file gets updated after a batch process, and when it gets updated, the web service is not reflecting it.
I read in a post that disabling and enabling the service will start and stop the job and the data in the memory gets refreshed.. But when i tried disabling and enabling the service through ISAdmin.sh, I am not able to get the refreshed data. Also I dont have the option of using a database so sparse lookup is ruled out.
Has anyone else had this situation? Is there a way to refresh the data as soon as the file gets updated?
Thanks,
Madhumitha
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Use a Server Job and a Hash table for insertion and independent lookup purposes instead, if you are unable to use a database.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>