WSDL Implementation using XML as Input

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mgsteiner
Premium Member
Premium Member

WSDL Implementation using XML as Input

Post by mgsteiner »

Hello all,

I have a request to imnplement a WSDL service in order to send xn XML as request and to receive an XML with response.

The job I have created is.

Folder --> XML_INPUT -->WSDL Client

Just to see the response in the log file, but after XML_INPUT I'm getting the following error:
NRR_Target..XML_Input_20: com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.ServiceInvocationException: Service invocation exception:

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1602)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1544)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wspack.Transformer.process(Transformer.java:105)

at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runStage(StageFactory.java:544)

at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runTarget(StageFactory.java:348)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.match(DerivationParser.java:622)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.element(DerivationParser.java:367)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.segment(DerivationParser.java:271)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.segment(DerivationParser.java:293)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.segment(DerivationParser.java:208)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.expr(DerivationParser.java:171)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.DerivationParser.parse(DerivationParser.java:138)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.xml.TreeBuilder.compileRules(TreeBuilder.java:84)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.MappingHandler.fromArray(MappingHandler.java:304)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.InputRequest.buildRequestBodyDocument(InputRequest.java:908)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callServiceInternal(WebService.java:1625)

at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1591)

... 4 more
Any idea what can be the problem.?
MGS
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This can potentially be a very complex process...."if" the wsdl describes nothing but a single large column to be sent to the service, then this is the general methodology.... (xmlinput to wsTransformer or wsClient, passing the xml in a single large column)...

...but if the real scenario is that the body of the SOAP request is complex xml, then it is not as simple.

How can you tell?

Have a testing tool at your side. I like SOAPui and another one from Actional....both can be downloaded for free; there are many others.

Load up your WSDL into one of those tools and then invoke the service...do you see a whole bunch of properties that have to be filled out, each that makes up the xml? ...or does it just give you a single property where you need to "paste" your already created chunk of xml?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
mgsteiner
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mgsteiner »

eostic wrote:This can potentially be a very complex process...."if" the wsdl describes nothing but a single large column to be sent to the service, then this is the general methodology.... (xmlinput to wsTransform ...
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not a premium member and can't see the entire answers you have posted to me in the last 2 issues I opened.

Can you please add those in a different way?

Thanks a lot
MGS