DataStage Installation Problems

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ivan_belev
Participant

DataStage Installation Problems

Post by ivan_belev »

Hello,
I am experiencing difficulties installing DataStage. I will be very appreciative if someone could help in this matter.

General Info:
I am trying to create a single tier installation for demo purposes. The OS is Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise SP2 - x64

First problem:
The DataStage installer fails on the last requirements check on the following lines:
- DB2 folder space
- DB2 installation temp folder space
- WebSphere App Server folder space
- WebSphere App Server temp folder space

This happens no matter how much space I have on the hard disk. First I tried with 8 GB , then 20 GB. I also tried it on my laptop XP where I have 120 GB free space and still the same error occur and I cannot make a default installation.

OK, I decide I will make manual install of DB2 and WAS and then install DataStage.

Second Problem:
I install DB2 manually, create user xmeta, install fixpack3, etc. I install WAS manually (Network Deployment version), install IBM HTTP Server, set everything up (create another Profile with no security, attach web server, install fixpacks and iferim packs, etc).

I run the installation, it completes sucessfully, however no default project is created and the following error is present in the installation log:

==========================
Quick Add Project Starting
==========================
ProjectName: dstage1
ProjectLocation: F:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\dstage1
DSR_QUICKADD.ErrorMsg: Errors were detected during project creation that may render project 'dstage1' unstable.
Please contact your support provider if you encounter problems.
Details of error:

DSR.ADMIN: Error creating DR elements, Error was Failed domain trusted login (failure reason unknown)

The same error occurs if I try to create new project form DataStage Administrator Client.

Does anyone have idea about those problems I face, and how to solve them.

Thank you.
ykud
Participant

Post by ykud »

Just for anybody facing the same error, as I did:
You can override hdd space checks by running setup.exe with '-force' key. Then you can just skip over these checks.
I also switched TEMP and TMP environment variables to shorter paths, since local user's temp folder is too long for DS install.
ivan_belev
Participant

Post by ivan_belev »

Hello to everybody, that is facing similar issues. I resolved my problems but forgot to write the solution a while back so here goes:

It turned out that my problems were related due to the fact that the machine I was installing on was a virtual machine. Maybe there was some problem with the OS on it or something else. The machine was on VMWare. I tried it on a HyperV Windows 2008 Server R2 (x64) and I didn't face any of the problems. Everything installed just right.

I know this doesn't actually tell where exactly the problems were, but it might help somebody after all.