NTLM Authentication against Sharepoint

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

NTLM Authentication against Sharepoint

Post by ecclesr »

Hello,

I have a challenge I am trying to run a DataStage webservice test job to extract data from Sharepoint - And I have come up against the problem of NTLM authentication.

I am able to run a test webservice job against sharepoint when no authentication is required - but where it is required my job fails with authentication 401. We have traced it day to DataStage issue with NTLM authentication

Have you come across this before, if so what would be your recommended solution

Thanking you all in advance
ecclesr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ecclesr »

Have any developers tried DataStage against a Kerberos Authentication web service - if so what were their findading and recommendations

Does anyone have comments to make in relation to DataStage and Authentication

Thanking you all in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There may not be much specific experience in that regard here, why not take this issue to your official support provider?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rob2812
Participant

Re: NTLM Authentication against Sharepoint

Post by rob2812 »

Hi,
I wonder if you have been able to progress with this...

I'm currently facing the same issue with some WebServices that require NTLM authentication and it seems (IBM support confirmed it) that with WebService Pack in DS8.7, the security level of authentication is not NTLM.

regards,
Rob
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

The best way I can think of at the moment would be to use JavaPack....first seeing if you are able to write an entirely stand-alone java class that can authenticate in the desired fashion and successfully call your web service...then integrate that class with the JavaPack API.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>