Premium Post contents display

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Premium Post contents display

Post by ArndW »

Would it be possible to insert some small character or sign in premium posts showing where the text is cut off for non-premium members? This can be helpful to see which part of a message a user might not have been able to read.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Even after all this time, I'm not sure exactly where the cutoff is and I think it can be affected (confused?) by BBCode around the cutoff point. If you want to check a particular post, log out and read it without logging back in as your premium self, you'll see where it cuts off.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Craig - I asked for this enhancement to avoid having to do that. If a small graphic character or even if the first "un-readable-as-non-premium" character were to get a different color it would be enough.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oh, I know... I just don't think we'll see any kind of an enhancement to this site in, well... ever. From what I recall, any kind of improvements are supposed to be in the 'new version' of the site that has been in the works for some time now. Hopefully that's still happening.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You are probably correct - but if the code is there to "chop off" at the word limit then it shouldn't be much work to add a character or modify the color (or perhaps a slightly different font). We'll see...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Worst case, count 200 characters. For that, I believe, is what they get.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.