Cookie Value in webservice job

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

srakshya
Participant

Cookie Value in webservice job

Post by srakshya »

I have a datastage parallel job where I am using web service client and sequential file. I need to caputre the cookie value and pass it to my another job. My job ran fine. It is able to capture cookiename and other information from the xml soap content but not the cookie value as it is present in the HTTP Header. Is there a way in datastage to capture cookie value from the HTTP header.
I am using Microsoft Sharepoint WSDL.

Your help is appreciated!!!
Thank you
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I can't think of a way to do it using the WS Stage...it only delivers the SOAP envelope to you....if you need something outside of that, "perhaps" a pure java client can do it, using JavaPack......assuming that any old java class can easily do it. I'd start by researching how to capture cookies from a web service with Java, and then go from there.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
srakshya
Participant

Post by srakshya »

Thank you Ernie!!!
Please give me some more information on this. I haven't use java client in datastage so far.

thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

As noted, research whether this can easily be done in a java class (call a web service, capture a cookie, etc.). If it can be done, then code it and test it stand alone so that you fully understand how the technology works in java...then, once you have such a technique working perfectly in java, learn how to integrate that java into DataStage. Lots and lots of threads here on doing that. Search thru the forum.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>