WebView

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

U
Participant

WebView

Post by U »

We have been asked to demonstrate that DataStage can "successfully connect with Web Services through existing WebView technology".

I won't be able to speak to the requestors till next week but thought I might ask here whether anyone has done this (and would be willing to share techniques).

I'm guessing that Web Services Client would be the way to go.

Thank you for your time.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I've not heard of that one. Web Services Transformer stage is also a possibility. It will call a web service once per record.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Depending on what you need to do, you might investigate the Web Services Client stage. This encodes requests as SOAP mesasges and decodes responses from SOAP messages, using metadata defined for a web service operation in its WSDL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Worst case, you will most likely be able to connect to it just fine by using JavaPack, and then invoking your own Java class to talk to "Web View"...

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>