WebServices Transformer Stage

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

WebServices Transformer Stage

Post by WBlaustein »

Hi,
Using the Meta Service Meta Data Importer, I imported the wsdl file meta data successfully. But i am not able to see the Operation i want to do in the Operations Pane.
Web Services Pane is showing the folder, when i clicked that folder it is not showing any operations.
Any Idea about that is greatly appreciated.
William M Blaustein
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

did it really import? do you remember seeing and selecting the exact desired operation on the right hand side of the importer? Open up the whole tree -- select each operation individually and then click "import".....it should go thru two steps and tell you about it......

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

I am seeing 2 types of Table definitions (searchEntityInformationByName_IN, searchEntityInformationByName_OUT) in WebServices Table definition folder.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Where are the xxx_OP (no wonder you don't see the operations), xxx_MSGIN, xxx_MSGOUT? Do you know how to view the WSDL on line or save it to your machine as a local copy? Then you know exactly what parameters you should get.
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

I even saved a local copy of that wsdl file and tried to import it, but still facing the same issue.
with the help of Web Service browser I viewed the WSDL online and saved a copy of it.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Ok, let me walk you thru this one more time. Open up the Meta Data Importer (WSDL should be displayed on the left side), then go to the right hand side of the Importer (Web Service Explorer), click the plus sign to open up the whole tree, then click on the first Operation and hold down the Shift key and click on the last Operation (all Operations will be hightlited), then you will see the message (Multiple operations selected under Documentation pane), then the Import button will become enabled. Then click the Import. If it still doesn't work, then call IBM support.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

follow lstsaur's steps.....indeed, you should get a LOT of table defintions...the WS Transformation Stage knows what to do with them when you "Load" the message details on the input and output links....

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

We submitted a ticket with IBM. They suggested that we need patch identified below:

The issue you describe sounds very much like this technote, http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1JR41390

Will let you know if this fixes problem
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I was going to mention that patch but I didn't see you were getting any error message and didn't realize you were on 8.7. We had to install that client side patch onto 8.7 and it did fix our WSDL import errors.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
WBlaustein
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WBlaustein »

The Patch "patch_JR41390" from IBM fixed this Issue