expose web services using a shell script

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

expose web services using a shell script

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

Hi,

Is there a way to expose the web service using a shell script?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

that's bad.

anyway, thanks Ray!!
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It largely depends on what one means by "exposing a web service via a shell script".

What are you trying to accomplish?

ISD has a command line, and it can do not all, but a lot of the management parts of "expose"......

Explain the goals....

Thanks.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Hi eostic,

I am trying to deploy the web services using shell scripts.

Please shed some light on this if it is possible. I am aware of ISDIMPORTEXPORT & ISDADMIN.

Thanks
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Expose and deploy can have different meanings...

ISD command line tools are documented in the ISD Administration and Deployment Tool Guide.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Hi,

are you are referring to this link? I have a job which I need to run as web service. after compiling the job I have to go to ISD and manually deploy the services. which I want to do it using a shell script without having to do the manual part?
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I was referring to the guide as a PDF that should be installed on your client, but the Information Center web site is usually more up-to-date. The link you have given is an overview. Look a few sections further down for the details of the deploy action of the ISDAdmin command:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... tions.html
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You don't want to "build" the service and its associated Operations with command line --- there are far too many decisions to make....and you need to do testing....use the GUI initially.

...but when you have deployed it successfully once, and tested it, and understand how it behaves, you can then control it entirely via command line --- and/or deploy it to a new server, enable it, disable it, etc. etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>