Popup windows hidden

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aquitaine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Popup windows hidden

Post by Aquitaine »

I am not sure if this issue has been raised before, but I don't know where to start in explaining it, let alone looking for it in the millions of postings that have already been submitted.

For a period of time now, i have noticed that a number of the "popup" windows that result in an action taken in Datastage designer, apear to be either hidden or don't show at all.

i.e. If in a sequence, i try to open a Routine Activity transform, the main design window title bar goes grey (i.e. inactive window) but the properties "popup" window for the Routine Activity transform is nowhere to be seen :?

The only thing I can do is press Alt+F4 to "close" the missing window, for control to revert to the main designer window. Therefore trying to modify any existing jobs with Routine Activities in, is not an option, nor is designing new ones!

This is totally confusing! If anyone has any ideas as to the cause or resolution of this I would be most greatful. The same thing happens when I try to compile a job. the "popup" compile window is also missing/hidden!

Many thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

This is usually a registry issue where there are invalid values for the window positions. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client? You may need to use regedit to remove any DataStage remnants before the reinstall.

Another thought is to simply delete the Designer branch from the registry (after saving it first, of course), the next time you start it it will replace them with default values.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For the record, here's the fix:
Aquitaine wrote:I would just like to thank you for your posting to my "popup" window issue!

I went through the registry and identified the entries that were in error and removed them! now it appears that all the popup windows that were missing are now back!

Many thanks for your help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers