no response from service

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

no response from service

Post by suryadev »

we have a job in the designer which is invoked as a service.

First I tried to run the job using sequential file as source and target, the job was fine as received the expected output.

But the same job when invoked as service returns nothing but seems to be running in the director.

I tried to test it in soapui but I get a java ejb exception.

any input please?
Thanks,
Surya
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

You got me really confused. Which job is exposed as Web service? What you mean by the "the same job"?
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

I mean the job which has the sequential files as source and target.

I changed the source and target of the above job to WISD input and WISD output and then invoked as a service.

I received the output when it was a batch job but when that was a service job I did not receive any response.

Tried to test it through soap UI but no response.....just java exception.
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Is this the first ISD Job you have ever written? If so...stop and first deploy one that is super simple, just to fully understand the behavior.

Have ONE column..pass it thru a Transformer. Make it integer and add 999 to it. Have ISDinput and ISDoutput surrounding it. Enable it for services. Compile it and deploy it.

Test that. Once the mechanics are working there, then you can move on to something more complicated.

In your current Job and Service, it could be a lot of things, from datatype issues to something messed up during the deployment...you may not even be communicating with it. That's why it helps to start with something that is very very simple initially.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Thanks for the Information.

Tried the service with a simple job did not work, so I thought there is no issue with the job.

So removed the application in the ISD and started a new project-application-operation........now it works...great.

Probably the earlier application in ISD may had some issue.
Thanks,
Surya