Internal Error 39202

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

Internal Error 39202

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi,

i have searched through the DS forms regarding "failed to connect to datastageserver:abc, project:xx (Internal Error (39202))" I got around 30 posts, i have gone through each of it but unable to figure out this issue. This issue happens frequently normally we will down and up the datastage server this fix the issue temporary (not able to login into designer,directorand even for admin client with dsadm user but can login into web console).

When i have gone through the post related to 39202 error, in most of the cases they mentioned that it is due to file permissions, i have checked the files permissions they access to it.

Note:
1.we have Group name as DStage and user dsadm
2./tmp has every one to access
3.set up TMPDIR in administrator to /project/tmp folder.
4 In $DSHOME/uvconfig file value for UVTEMP is pointing to /tmp.

Thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
suneelchallagali
Participant

Internal Error 39202

Please any one can help me Out!!!!
thanks,
suneel
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hi,
we have open PMR with IBM guys. They send us few steps to follows or call them when this issue occurs again!!!!!. Rather than waiting for problem to occur,so though of posting in DSxchange so that i will get some inputs from you guys!!!!. But seems to be every one are busy, that's fine!!!!

Mean while i will mark this as work around if incase we find any solution i will post it, so that it might be helpful others.

thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... what "few steps" did IBM send you? Anything worth sharing?

I had nothing to add, not having had any personal experience with an error like that and didn't understand how any kind of 'permissions' error could be resolved (even temporarily) by recycling the DataStage services, so figured something else must be going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

Finally some one has replied, thank you chulett

These are steps, they mentioned to follow:

From past dealings with such issues, this error is usually permissions related, if not /tmp then permissions on all or some of the DataStage Server, we need to check to see if the files group is set to something like system?

Example. does the ls -l |grep root on in the following directory return something similar to this:

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/IIS/Server/DSEngine/bin>ls -l |grep root

-rws--x--x 1 root system 87585 Mar 07 2007 DBsetup
-rws--x--x 1 root system 1646771 Mar 07 2007 dsdlockd
-rws--x--x 1 root system 1603427 Mar 07 2007 dslictool
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root system 55 Jan 22 16:44 dssh ->
/opt/IBM/InformationServer/IIS/Server/DSEngine/bin/uvsh
-rws--x--x 1 root system 6920 Mar 07 2007 dstskup
-rws--x--x 1 root system 1615899 Mar 07 2007 list_readu
-rws--x--x 1 root system 1607287 Mar 07 2007 load_NLS_shm
-rws--x--x 1 root system 66821 Mar 07 2007 uv

If the user id with which you are trying to login to DS Clients as, does not belong to the groups returned, you could get the above error. You may have to..

- Stop the DSEngine
- Run the following as root:

1) cd `cat /.dshome
2) . ./dsenv
3) ./scripts/DSEenableimpersonation
uvregen: reconfiguration complete, disk segment size is 6954248
4) cd ..
5) chgrp -R dstage DSEngine Projects

Once services are up and running, attempt to login via the DS Clients.

If the issue is not permission related on the /tmp location, another reason for connection failure could be that the dsrpcd process was stopped when there were active connections on the dsrpcd TCPIP
port of 31538. Therefore, can you please check the following:

1) netstat -na|grep 31538 --> Can you see a LISTENER, or connections in a TIME_WAIT state? If in doubt, send me the output.

2) Maybe there is a typo in the dsenv file. Ensure that the LIB PATH is set correctly and exported. Again, please send me the file if in doubt.

3) Finally, do the following steps:

3.1) netstat -na|grep 31538 ---> If this does not return anything, or just a LISTENER, proceed with the next steps.

3.2) cd $DSHOME

3.3) . ./dsenv

3.4) bin/uv -admin -stop

3.5) netstat -na|grep 31538 ---> This should not return anything

3.6) bin/uv -admin -start

3.7) netstat -na|grep 31538 ----> This should return a LISTENER.

If the above fails, please send me:

A) Output of 'netstat -na|grep 31538'
B) Output of 'ps -ef'
C) The dsenv file.

Thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
suneelchallagali
Participant

Still working with IBM guys, if any one had this issue earlier please can you help me out!!!

Thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
satish_valavala
Participant

Post by satish_valavala »

Did you notice any huge java and/or core dump files under WAS logs folder ( /opt/IBM/WebSphereX.0/AppServer/profiles/default/logs/server1 ) during that time.
Regards
VS
suneelchallagali
Participant

Thank you for your replay satish!!.. we forgot to take a look the log file under WAS folder. Right now datastage is up and running fine, but not sure when again "39202 internal error" occur again. Even IBM guys also working on it..

Thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel