service aborts every minute

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

service aborts every minute

Post by suryadev »

A service is designed which has 2 operations(jobs) selected as provider.

After the service is deployed,when we see the jobs in the director they should be always running but I see a strange behavior in the director.

one of the jobs seems to be running always but the other one aborts every minute and starts by itself again.

why is this happening?

Info needed please!!
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

First, disable the Operation...(deployment workspace....use the edit button at the bottom...then highlight the Operation and use the enable/disable button that appears).....

Then look at the dslog.....why did it abort? Could be many reasons. The reason it re-starts is because minimum instances is 1 or greater. But the key is understanding why it aborted, which most times is a normal DS issue......security, disk space, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Right, it just means the job is aborting. The controlling processes see that and then automatically restart it, which can lead to this never-ending cycle until you put an end to it. As noted, usually a 'normal' DS issue, the same kind you would see if you ran the job a single time outside of this environment.

I've caused this in the past by something as simple as using the wrong parameter value, say like a database password. That was why I always watched new processes the first time I started them to ensure they stayed started. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers