No
58%

Total votes: 141

priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Problem with posting.php

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Every time I try to post, I am getting the below page, However the questions/replies are posted. The occurance frequency seems to have increased from 10% to 90% of the times I try to post.
Explanation: The request timed out before the page could be retrieved.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
Contact website: You may want to contact the website administrator to make sure the Web page still exists. You can do this by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the website home page.
If you are still unable to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code 64: Host not available
Background: The gateway or proxy server lost connection to the Web server.
Date: 15/02/2010 11:15:45 [GMT]
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

I did have such problem in the morning :roll:
RAJ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I haven't seen that yet but then I don't let the 'Posting' message stall for any length of time. I learned long ago that, for whatever reason, if you hit Submit and it doesn't post pretty much right away there's a good chance there will be some kind of issue - usually multiple posts but sometimes goofy errors.

So, when I see it 'stall' I press the Stop button in my browser and then click on the link back to the Forum. Your post will be there but it will show as orange/unread. If you are worried about losing what you typed if you stop things too soon, then just copy everything to the clipboard before you click on the Forum link.

If you press Stop and then Submit again, you will get a double post.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Those steps i usually take in case it stalls, but i have noticed today that probablity of posting.php getting stalled is much more . It might be due to my own network (very rare chance), But wanted to know if there is anything wrong about today (not enough caffine i think :wink: )
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's been working today for me as well as it ever does. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I get this problem on a daily basis. It may be because I have a larger number of posts, and posting.php updates indexes the hard way.

Whenever posting stalls, I return immediately to the forum (using the navigation list just above "Post a reply") which avoids multiple posts. The post is made early - it's something else that posting.php does that causes the timeout, and I understand that's updating in the indexes in the underlying database.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

I also get this problem on a frequent basis. Usually when it happens I also end up with two duplicate posts... However as a moderator I'll delete the second one immediately.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't have to be a Moderator to do that, Andy. Well, unless it's much later and there's a reply, then you would need superpowers. :wink:
-craig

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

I have been getting the same error more frequently lately. Whenever it stalls, I just wait for a few seconds and go back and then to the original post, in order to avoid a double post.

It is kind of annoying specially when you have many questions or are trying to reply to other's problems.
gateleys
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gateleys »

Dunno if you guys solved the problem, but I sure did not get the error during the above post.
gateleys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Still happens... and now that I have The Power, I clean them up as I find them. :wink:
-craig

sandy_ph
Participant

Post by sandy_ph »

It runs well for me :D
Regards,

Sandy PH
-----------------
ETL Developer