Why does the job abort?

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Why does the job abort?

Post by suryadev »

The service has a job used as an information provider and that is an always running job.

The issue is the job aborts once in a while,which makes the service down and when I redeploy the service it works fine but the same issue arises again in a week or two.

In the director I can view the long and it says INT error the usual error..this is the reason for the job to abort.
can anyone help me with this situation
do I need to make any changes?
Thanks,
Surya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the exact text of the error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

'main_program: ORCHESTRATE step execution terminating due to SIGINT' and the job aborts

this is the error message which comes when the job aborts
Thanks,
Surya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

These ones are rather difficult to diagnose, other than to make the blindingly obvious statement that an interrupt signal was raised somewhere in the system and handled by one of your processes.

You should investigate the SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log for the WebSphere AppServer, and any logs for the node agent. You might also look for other warnings in the DataStage job, but I don't think you'll find much more there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.