Creating Webservice (WISD Job) with Array Input

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kripakarprasad
Participant

Creating Webservice (WISD Job) with Array Input

Post by kripakarprasad »

I am creating a job which accepts multiple rows (variable --> candidate inforamtion for MATCH) and the output is expected to be the list of candidates which cross a certain MATCH cutoff (hence output is also going to be variable number of rows).

I am trying to understand how this job can be published as a service.

FYI: I have a JAVA app thats going to use this service..

IS there a concept of arrays here to be used and if so .. HOW ????

Any guidance / suggestion would be really helpful here...

Kripakar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Your Java developer will have to know how to use Axis (or other equivalent SOAP engine) to generate arrays for SOAP input, and/or to process an array that is returned.

This is a more advanced concept in SOAP client development, althogh most IDE's handle it just fine these days.

In the meantime, for your purposes, get yourself a copy of SOAPui, or Actional's SOAP testing tool (search the web, you'll find them easily)...both support arrays for testing in a nice gui.

Keep in mind that during deployment you have to select that you want to group your argument and support an array -- carefully check the input and output tabs at the bottom of the Operation dialog.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>