array problem in webservice

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

array problem in webservice

Post by suryadev »

I used a funnel to get single output from 4 different outputs using transformer stages before the each inputs of funnel.

I mean to say that all the 4 inputs now have same columns with SetNull() in some of the columns.

so the problem is I used this service as an array and the response I receive now is different number of arrays.

for suppose let the inputs for the funnel are a,b,c,d.They are combined together to make it as a single output to WISD output.

The response I get when I am testing the service with soapUI is

ar[]
a
ar[1]
b1
ar[3]
c1
ar[4]
d1
ar[5]
b2
ar[6]
c2
ar[7]
d2
ar[8]
c3
ar[9]
d3

that depends on the number of arrays.

Is there anyway to change the job so that I could get the output as

a[]
a
a[1]
b1
b2
a[2]
c1
c2
c3
a[3]
d1
d2
d3

where a[0],a[1],a[2] are arrays and a,b1,b2,c1,c2,c3,d1,d2,d3 are values in that arrays.
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You will have to force that relationship somehow, with counters or other such things (is there a key in common between them) and then sort it appropriately. You may need to build your own artificial keys along the way.

Tell us more about the upstream data and how you are deriving it. This is not a WISD issue, per se.... get the rows you want, in the order you want, in a flat file target while doing your testing.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>