deploy a service

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

deploy a service

Post by suryadev »

Hello,
I deployed the webservice in the information server and I can test the service with SOAP UI tool. If the client wants to test the service do I need to deploy it in the test environment or is it OK if it is deployed in the information server.If I need to deploy the service in the test environment what do i need to do? can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

An ISD Service is owned by the Information Server domain. Assuming you have another Information Server in the test environment, you could migrate the ds job and the isd application metadata and deploy it there......but it has to be another fully operable Information Server instance, with DataStage, etc.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

Thanks,
OK so I have to migrate the job to the test environment and then deploy the service there. How can I migrate the job to test environment?
Thanks,
Surya
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Any of the usual mechanisms, such as DataStage export/import or Information Server Manager.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suryadev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by suryadev »

thanks,
I am using 8.0.1 so I guess there is no manager,so I have to export the service to the test environment just browse for the test server and export it and where can I get the wsdl after deploying it in the test server.
please let me know....
Thanks,
Surya
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You get it from the same place in "that" Information Server as you do from your "current" Information Server...

Have you logged into the Information Server Web Console for your current environment?

Your "other" Info Server environment has an equivalent Web Console....it's all the same.

Not sure if you are understanding that we are talking about you having a completely duplicate additional Info Server environment, with its own WAS, it's own DS, it's own metadata database, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

suryadev wrote:I am using 8.0.1 so I guess there is no manager....
There IS an Information Server Manager. It's a separate client, and has its own command line interface (istool).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.