Selection of information provider

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rahul8055
Participant

Selection of information provider

Post by rahul8055 »

In the Information service after creating a new service , we need to select an information provider and select the job which is designed.

My problem is I cannot find the job in that particular folder when trying to select the information provider,Do I need to do anything elase other than

selecting the 2 options
1.Allow multiple instance
2.Enabled for information services

can anyone help me with the above issue

thanks,
Rahul
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no idea what it would be called in the 8.x world, but do you have the "RTIAgent" running on the DataStage server? :?

Sounds like you may if you can actually 'enable' a job to be an RTI / SOA / WISD / Information Services job but all of my practical experience is in the 7.x world. Ernie in three... two... one... <poof>
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

chulett,

How can I check that in the datastage server?
Can you please tell me how to enable that particular agent?

Thanks,
Rahul
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Can you "see" the DataStage server, the project, and its folders? If so, and you are certain you enabled the job for services, then simply make sure it is compiled. It won't appear unless compiled and enabled.
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

The job has WISD input and WISD output so the job can be compiled only if I select it as a service provider, without compiling is there any other way ernie?

thanks,
Rahul
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

I compiled the job and now I could select it as a information provider.

How can I test whether the service is working is working or not....Is there any way to run the job and check out the request and give back the response.

thanks,
Rahul
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I like Actional's SOAP testing tool...another good one is SOAPui........XMLSpy has a soap testing tool also, I think. .....Vordel has another one called SOAPBox...

Be sure you are familiar with WSDL and how to find it and and test with tools that can invoke SOAP based web services.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The convention here on DSXchange is, when you mark a thread as resolved, you make a post indicating how it was resolved, to aid future searchers.
Please do so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rahul8055
Participant

Post by rahul8055 »

I used the SOAP ui tool to test my service and the information provider can be selected once the job is compiled.

Regards,
Rahul