Not able to compile job error in transformer stage

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Kshitij Rawat
Participant

Not able to compile job error in transformer stage

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Hello all,

I have one column in source with length 30 character. I am loading 30 columns in target oracle table, each column in target table have length char(1). My job is like this
Seq. file -->Column Import-->Transformer-->Oracle Table
Also I am getting HEX ('00') value in my source. To avoid this I am using below environment variable APT_STRING_PADCHAR = one space (' ')
The function I am using here is for derivation in transformer stage
TrimLeadingTrailing(Trim(FF_cal_cd,char(0),"B"))

The above function work fine for 29 columns out of 30 columns.
Only one column have issue and loading HEX value ('00'). I have the issue in FF_hot_bill_cd column. I am not able to apply below logic for FF_hot_bill_cd column.

TrimLeadingTrailing(Trim(FF_hot_bill_cd,char(0),"B"))

When I am doing TrimLeadingTrailing() function or Trim() I am not able to compile the job and get the message for the above derivation. If I put FF_hot_bill_cd column without derivation, I am able to compile the job but loading HEX '00' value

Error message while compiling the job:-

##W TFCP 000025 04:23:23(101) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Converting number to string.
##W TFCP 000000 04:23:23(102) <transform> Error when checking composite operator: Implicit conversion from source type "UInt64" to result type "String".
##W TBLD 000000 04:23:23(103) <main_program> Error when checking composite operator: Output from subprocess: compiler(iropt) error: out of memory

Why I am getting this issue "out of memory". What I need to do here? Can I set any environment variable to increase memory?

Any help would be highly appreciated. :-)
ETL DEVELOPER

Watch The Time Cycle, You Will Have All Answers.
yousuff1710
Participant

Post by yousuff1710 »

Check the datatypes of the fields you are processing.
You cannot apply Trim function for integers.
See the error it says cannot convert fron Integer to String.
I guess, this hepls.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I vaguely recall having seen this before as well, and it was a compiler-related issue. I think I changed the compiler optimization switches around to get rid of the error. If you google your platform, compiler and the error message you might be able to get more information.
Kshitij Rawat
Participant

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Thank you for reply. But I am taking source column ff_hot_bill_cd as char(1) and applying logic on it.

TrimLeadingTrailing(Trim(FF_hot_bill_cd,char(0),"B"))

Target column also same with datatype char(1).

I was also thinking why this error message coming to my way. all the other 29 columns also char(1) in source as well as target.
ETL DEVELOPER

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to Enterprise Edition (parallel) forum

There is nothing in the original question to warrant its being posted in the SOA forum.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kshitij Rawat
Participant

Post by Kshitij Rawat »

Sorry Ray.

I have moved this question to to EE (Parallel) forum. Also I will mark this to completed.

Please reply for the same.
ETL DEVELOPER