27%
No
73%

Total votes: 15

ray.wurlod
Participant

Changed DSXchange Behaviour

Post by ray.wurlod »

Today DSXchange is behaving differently from yesterday, though I am using the same machine, the same browser and on the same network as yesterday. Has any change been made on the DSXchange end? As far as I can determine no change has been made here.

The symptom, and it's dashed annoying, is that the orange "unread" icon does not change even after I've read an item. So I have no convenient way to pick up where I left off after answering a post (which moves that post to the top of the list).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not seeing any unusual behaviour today.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Managed to reproduce the problem yesterday on a desktop machine in the bank where I'm currently working (using IE), and on a Mac iBook (using Safari).

In even more wierdness, today the problem is different (on laptop using IE and wireless modem). Today, the orange "unread" icons all change to blue "has been read" icons as soon as I post a reply.

It irks.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Too bad the two 'Yes' votes didn't bother to post exactly what behaviour they were seeing, same or otherwise.
-craig

Editor

Post by Editor »

Ray,

Rick is now helping us sort out account issues and locks. I am not sure he's in a position too dig that deep. Please let us know if it continues!

Dennis
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Hopefully one of the 'account issues' that gets sorted out is the ability to get to the Learning Center as a Premium user. In spite of the fact that I am, it doesn't seem to think so and won't open the door. :(
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Despite being a premium user, you have to request a password from the membership director. :(
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I think that's for some other aspect of the site. This never prompts for nor mentions a password, just slams the door in my face with this message:
Premium Members have full access to tips and tricks, white papers and on-demand videos.
Sorry! Only Charter and Premium Members have access to the content here.

Login to your Charter or Premium membership account, or Become a Premium Member.
And of course, I'm already logged in as my Charter and/or Premium bad self.
-craig