Cannot login to project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Cannot login to project

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

Hi
I am facing this queer issue where when I try to login to any project, the DS clients hang. This measn I am not able to login either through Administrator or the Designer.
Even the IBM information server console hangs on that particular AIX server box.

Recently the particular server had space issues which was "taken care" by the network people. (I do not know what they did) but now the machine is up.

I am using DS 8.1

I bounced the Datastage server aslo but to no avail. Is there any way to figure out what is wrong!!!
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Bounced the server

After bouncing the server, i am at least able to get some error message...the message says:

Code: Select all

com.ibm.websphere.security.auth.WSLoginFailedException: Unable to begin a transaction: [Can't lookup a connection]
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server.SecurityServerImpl.simple_authenticate(SecurityServerImpl.java:175)
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server._SecurityServerImpl_Tie.simple_authenticate(_SecurityServerImpl_Tie.java:116)
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server._SecurityServerImpl_Tie._invoke(_SecurityServerImpl_Tie.java:93)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatchInvokeHandler(ServerDelegate.java)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java)
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java)
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.respondTo(Connection.java)
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java)
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java)
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java)
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java)
The additional message that i get is:

Code: Select all

failed to authenticate current user against selected domain
unable to begin a transaction(can't lookup a connection)
The problem is that i am not even able to login to the information server console to check on the domain managemnet, if that is applicable on V8.1

Any help please!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Involve your official support provider. And find out exactly what kind of "space issue" you had, particularly where and how it was "taken care of".
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Thanks Chulett, while I get some words from network admin people, I did some google.
I found this link to be useful:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21317812

Though this did not solve my issue as I was able to ping the hostname of the server from the client machine...they(IBM) did not provide the other version...umm

Still if any more ideas....
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First verify that the various tiers (services, ASB node, engine) are correctly started.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Thanks Ray, we are doing that....
while on DSX i still found this useful link
viewtopic.php?t=115730&highlight=Unable ... connection

It may help others ...

meanwhile i am also trying to rectify the problem based on the resolution for that particular problem

wish me luck!!
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

WAS restarted

Hi
I am closing this thread as the issue has resolved.

I have only deduced that the actual problem was with the WAS server...several attempts to bounce it were not successful.

Finally the WAS team did something to bring up the WAS server. Once it was up, we only bounced the DS servers and we are able to login to DS

I will try to get some words from the WAS team as to what actually went wrong that forced DS to behave irrationally. I will post it here, then!!