What port DataStage uses to connect to the databases

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

What port DataStage uses to connect to the databases

Post by dsusr »

Hi,

We just want to know what are the ports which Datastage uses to connect to other Databases on different servers.

Is it going to be port 31538 on which DataStage listens or Are there any other ports which are required for Inbound/Outbound interfaces of DataStage?

Thanks,
dsusr
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This thread should contain what you are looking for.
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusr »

ArndW wrote:This thread should contain what you are looking for. ...
Hi Arndw,

Thanks for replying but I have gone through this thread before posting my question.

The thread is specifically related to the Client connections to DataStage Engine but I didn't found any mention of the ports for Inbound/Outbound Database connectivity from DataStage server. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
dsusr
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Umm, if you had gone throught the thread it would have become clear that port 31358 is used as the default port for client communications and has nothing to do with database connectivity; that is controlled and defined by the database itself and not datastage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, that's all in the hands on the database and attending DBA.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsusr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsusr »

chulett wrote:As noted, that's all in the hands on the database and attending DBA.
Please correct me if there is some problem in my understanding of the concepts.

As per my understanding the Database details that we define in either tnsnames.ora file or in the .odbc.ini files contains only the port details of the target database server.

But the request from the Unix server on which DataStage is installed is going to go from some port on the server itself. Is this going to be some random TCP/IP port.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not true. It's going to be the port set up in the database client's connectivity utility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
BMSK
Participant

Post by BMSK »

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to add a teensy bit of detail as to how simply going to the Release Notes for 8.1.1 will help here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers