User inserted sort does not fulfill the sort requirements

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornima.chandramouli
Participant

User inserted sort does not fulfill the sort requirements

Post by poornima.chandramouli »

Hi All,

In one of my job i'm joining 2 datasets by using a join stage based on 4 keys.

I'm clearing the partitioning in both the datasets while reading them & in the partitioning tab of the join stage i'm performing the Hash partioning on the join keys & enabled the perform sort (sorting the keys ascending).

Then i was writing the resultant in the target dataset.

But while running the job,i'm getting the warning like

JN_stage: When checking operator: User inserted sort "JN_Stage.LnkDS_Input_Sort" does not fulfill the sort requirements of the downstream operator "APT_JoinSubOperator in JN_Stage"

How to handle these kind of warnings.

Note : When I tried using the external Sort stage for sorting the records to JOIN stage & done a hash partition on the Sort Stage & used same partiton in the JOIN stage.I'm not getting any warnings.
But it was suggested by our client not to use external sort stage for sorting the records to the JOIN/Merge/CDC stage.

Thanks in advance

**Note: Subject changed to be more descriptive - Content Editor **
Regards
stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stefanfrost1 »

First, I would recommend you to sort using the sort-stage since it enables alot of additional features, such as tuning memory etc.

Regarding your sort warning it could be that the 2 input links are different on the input tab. If not please check what datatypes are in your partitioning columns and if you have any warnings regarding implicit data type conversions.
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to parallel forum

Server jobs do not have a Join stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ece_balaji
Participant

Post by ece_balaji »

This is the first time i came across this warning and its a join stage. The crazy thing here is, i did a hash patitioning and sorted on 2 keys and those 2 keys where varchar fields.
"When i made the partitioning keys as case sensitive the warning disappeared"

I made the partitioning keys as case sensitive because i am confident that my data is so.

I am not sure whether this is a bug, but try this if you get this warning. Before that make sure your requirement is to partition case sensitive data!!!