shared memory file is wrong size

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

marshie68
Participant

shared memory file is wrong size

Post by marshie68 »

I have created a Parallel Job that executes a Server Shared Container (ie which is a server job). I am running it in a loop with a sleep of 10 seconds. The job aborts consistently after some time with the following errors.

Event Number:1424595
Event type:Warning
Timestamp:15/07/2009 10:30:07 AM
Message Id:DSTAGE_IPC_E_7015
EPOS_STAG_MQ_XML_Parse_StreamPX.2#0.EPOSXMLParserC1.TF_Modify_CTL_TTEND.A3_TCUST: ds_ipcopen() - shared memory file /tmp/ade.myPOS_prod.EPOS_STAG_MQ_XML_Parse_StreamPX.2#0.EPOSXMLParserC1.TF_Modify_CTL_TTEND-Copy_of_TF_Chk_For_Cust_Rej.A3_TCUST is wrong size

followed by

Job name:EPOS_STAG_MQ_XML_Parse_StreamPX
Invocation:1
Event Number:1184014
Event type:Fatal
Timestamp:12/07/2009 3:32:57 AM
Message Id:DSTAGE_RUN_I_0179
EPOS_STAG_MQ_XML_Parse_StreamPX(EPOSXMLParserC1).1#0.EPOSXMLParserC1.TF_Check_CTL_TLINE_ACTION_Rejects: |Error 11 in GCI Link initialisation.|
Thanks
Marshall
IBM Australia
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to the trials and tribulations of BASIC transform stages in PX jobs. We've had similar issues and are working towards getting rid of this stage as it occasionally has problems that require manual fixing.

What has probably happened is that your process has gotten hung up. Check with "ps -ef" to see if the UV process is still running (after the job has stopped). Kill that process (softly, not with "kill -9") and then remove the /tmp/ade* file(s); these are the named pipes used to communicate with the process. Then re-run the job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: shared memory file is wrong size

Post by chulett »

marshie68 wrote:I have created a Parallel Job that executes a Server Shared Container (ie which is a server job). I am running it in a loop with a sleep of 10 seconds.
Why not use a Sequence job with the Start/End Loop stages? Seems like it would be a more appropriate way to loop around a job. Server Shared Containers are... problematical.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Moderator, please move to the Parallel forum.

Or the General forum... at least out of this one. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers