CPIC Mode not supported

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

karamba
Participant

CPIC Mode not supported

Post by karamba »

Is any one familiar with the error "CPIC mode not supported?" We are trying to read data from SAP using an ABAP stage using IIS 8.0 version; the jobs compiles fine. But when we execute the job we get the error that cpic mode is not supported on the platform. We are not sure what this means because we can connect to the SAP environment from datastage/ABAP stage using a CPI-C user. Can any of you gurus out there share some resolutions to this issue? Please feel free to send me an email at susokmd@hotmail.com if you have any tips, and of course posting here would be helpful too for the benefit of all.

Thanks
Karamba
karamba
arunsardana
Participant

Post by arunsardana »

You need to have your SAP user id of type 'Communication' for CPIC to work. Ask your SAP security team to change your SAP userid from 'Dailog' type to 'communication' tyep and you should be able to extract data from SAP using ABAP Pack pretty easily. We do it all the time.
karamba
Participant

Re: CPIC Mode not Supported

Post by karamba »

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your expertise. However, the user id we are using is already of communication type, but we still get this error of cpic mode not supported. I am not sure what else could be responsible for this error. Maybe there is a configuration setting to be added to help resolve this issue.

Karamba
karamba