DataStage and DB2 session tables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage and DB2 session tables

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi all,

I'm being told to use DB2 session tables in DataStage jobs. Has anyone used DB2 session tables in DataStage? I believe that the session table will hold or be active only during that particular job run that the session table is used in and not across multiple jobs.

Is that a safe assumption? Any inputs on your experience with DB2 session tables would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Who is doing the telling, and do they have any DataStage knowledge or experience?

What do "they" want you to achieve using session tables? How were you planning to do it?

Resist stupid requirements!!!
:twisted:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

You are absolutely right. "They" do not have DS knowledge and there in lies the problem. :-) Thanks for the response. I will be doing the telling from now on.

Slapping on my wrist and talking to myself "Wake up you sleepy head". :-)

Thanks Ray!

Regards,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE