WebServices and Security

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

basva
Participant

WebServices and Security

Post by basva »

Hi,

I have few general questions about WebServices and Security.

- Does anyone using DataStage as the WebServices provider in production?
- If so how you are securing these Web Services?
- Are you integrating Websphere with other tools like TAM for security?
- Who is administering the services. For example, starting and stopping the services, deploying changes. Moving from one environment to other and so on.
- Is there any document outlines how to secure services using http basic authentication or WSSecurity. I searched IBM site but found none so far.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time in responding.
Satish
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There are a lot of customers using ISD/WISD/RTI in production. In many cases, the services are behind the firewall (no different than many Web Services that are not using Information Server), and haven't needed strict security, but in most cases, HTTPS and SSL is used to achieve point to point security.

Roles are a bit more difficult to identify, as it depends on the account. At many sites, the DataStage developer finishes a Job and then publishes it as a service, according to the requirements of the Web Services clients. At large accounts, I've met with people who do all the deployment for the team, receiving their Jobs or Stored Procedures and then publishing them, and managing the Server.

Security is usually outside of that domain, and is in the hands of the WAS (v8) or other application server (v7) admins.

Contact me offline if you are using 8.0 and I'll send you the paper we worked on last year to outline how to appliy detailed Security to ISD/WISD --- including WS-Security. In 8.1 it became part of the formal documentation set.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>