oracle fetch child records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

KPReddy
Participant

oracle fetch child records

Post by KPReddy »

Hi,
In my job i need to join a parent column from DataSet to child records in DB, The DB table is big, so i ruled out normal lookup but sparse lookup does not allow multiple records from reference link.
How can i use a query like
select * from child table where col1=ORCHESTRATE.col1 and join to parent record.
Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

A sparse lookup does not allow multiple reference links, as far as I know it still allows multiple rows to be returned by a link.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shamshad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shamshad »

If you are allowed to create a temporary table in Oracle, dump the dataset data into a table where the child oracle table resides and then push down the join operation as SQL between both tables, the temp table as outer joined table.
Datawarehouse Consultant
shamshad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shamshad »

If you are allowed to create a temporary table in Oracle, dump the dataset data into a table where the child oracle table resides and then push down the join operation as SQL between both tables, the temp table as outer joined table.
Datawarehouse Consultant
KPReddy
Participant

Post by KPReddy »

Thanks Shamshad. I had the oracle table as an option, went ahead with that as i could not find any other alternative.