Designer just closes with no error messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Designer just closes with no error messages

Post by manuel.gomez »

Hello every people!!

Didnt know where to post this. I am suffering such a strange problem, that is driving me crazy.

I am working on customer offices. I have been here for longer than a month, and although server and network connections are not by far best possibles, I have been working with no issues.

Since yesterday, I simply cant work.

I launch Designer from my local PC, I do connect, but after a few seconds, doing NOTHING at all (no even open any jobs), designer client closes silently. No error messange, no warnings, nothing at all.

Sessions remain active in the server, so I have log out them via web console.
But, Director client works fine. You can open it, browse job logs, and everything is OK.

Whats more, this is happening to more people, but not to everyone in the office. We dont know why some of us cant connect, and why others can. I enter the server via Terminal Server, and I can there execute Designer with no issues. But this is not a valid solution to me at the moment, just to try.

I do have both server and client installed on my PC, but all server components and services are down by default. The other guy having same problems to connect does only have client installed. And he just bought the computer, so his computer was totally clean!!!!!

I am thinking this could be a network issue. The server is located in other country, and yesterday, we had a network crash. We were totally disconnected for 2-3 hours, so we could not work. But not sure this is causing the problem.

This is desperating because we have close deadlines. Any help will be so much appreciated!!!!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It might sound like the old Doctor adage "take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning", but try re-installing the client software. This will force overwrite the .dlls and other files that might have been overwritten by other applications.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Before doing that:

We rebooted Datastage server, and problem persists.
We accesed Event Viewer in the server, and we found the following errors. Do any of them tell you something?
17/07/2008 11:15:27 IBM DataStage Information None 1000 N/A ESWHT006 "The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( IBM DataStage ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 14 NLS Character Set Maps loaded in 109780 bytes.
17/07/2008 11:12:29 NuTCRACKER 4 Error SysService 12055 N/A ESWHT006 Failed to establish RPC connection to NuTCRACKER Service (error=1702). [resource_tracker.exe (xftconsole.cpp:1561) PID=9968 TID=7696]
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Want to know something funny?
If I reboot on secure mode with networking, Designer works fine!!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "NuTCRACKER" failure is a strange one, it would seem that you have installed MKS Toolkit on your client machine as well. Did you re-install the clients?
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ArndW wrote:The "NuTCRACKER" failure is a strange one, it would seem that you have installed MKS Toolkit on your client machine as well. Did you re-install the clients?
I do have MKS also in my computer, as I said, I do have server installed on my local PC as well (but normally is down)

No, I did not reinstall the clients yet. It seems to be a virus issue
The two guys having the same problem with memory can work in secure mode, and both do have virus ckvo

I am trying to clean it out. I will let you know when done, if after is working or not
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

Confirmed, I was infected by virus ckvo , that was responsible for lack of memory that was doing Designer to abort

All day long wasted until I found out!!!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks for letting us know. The moral of the story is to keep your anti-virus definitions up to date.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thanks for letting us know. The moral of the story is to keep your anti-virus definitions up to date.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And be careful where you poke your... browser. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ray.wurlod wrote:Thanks for letting us know. The moral of the story is to keep your anti-virus definitions up to date.
To have your anti-virus up to date, you need first to have an anti-virus :P