Authentication Failure

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Authentication Failure

Post by rameshrr3 »

Hi All
Im new to Datastage 8.01 and we are having problems logging on to the datastage server via DS Clients( Designer/Director), however we are able to log into the information server console.

We get an error message saying that "Failed to authenticate current user against the selected domain", invalid user name or password. However we are able to login through Unix using the same id.

Detailed exception message is

Code: Select all

com.ibm.websphere.security.auth.WSLoginFailedException: Invalid user name (dsadm) or password.
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server.SecurityServerImpl.simple_authenticate(SecurityServerImpl.java:175)
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server._SecurityServerImpl_Tie.simple_authenticate(_SecurityServerImpl_Tie.java:116)
	at com.ibm.ws.security.server._SecurityServerImpl_Tie._invoke(_SecurityServerImpl_Tie.java:93)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatchInvokeHandler(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
Has someone faced a similar issue here, other things confounding the problem is that the person who managed the datastage 8.x instance left sometime back and well i still havent got access to IBM support or passport advantage.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Ramesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No-one here can really help. You have to track that person down and have their authentication to IBM support services transferred. Even if anyone here had a hack that could defeat the Information Server authentication mechanism, I doubt that they would be willing to admit it publicly. I certainly don't have one.

I have a personal habit of always setting up a spare DBA user for a database or a spare admin user for other applications.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Ramesh,
Your user "dsadm" can access the Unix box, but that doesn't mean you can use that ID to access the server via the desinger. What you must do first is loggin the Information Server web page using either "appadmin" or "wsadmin" ID to create an user, e.g., ramesh. Then, go to the Domain Management to do the Map User Credential and the Assign User Credential for user ramesh.
rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshrr3 »

Hey thanks, i logged on to the admin console and added a new user, im able to log into Designer using the new id.