DataStage call to Web Service

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage call to Web Service

Post by Nicole »

We have successfully imported the WSDL and filled out the Web Service Information in the WS Transformer Stage

correctly. I posted a message asking if anyone has seen the same error message (APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 1 - Unexpected exit status 231). Does anyone know what these types of error messages related to?

Our DataStage server is on an AIX box. Is it possible to encounter security or connection issues when trying to call a web service from a DataStage server? This is what we are trying to figure out since the error message isn't very helpful.

If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nicole
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Hmm. Haven't seen exactly this, but in 8.x the Web Services Pack was broken in terms of its ability to locate the JVM.... Somewhere I have the env vars needed for AIX, but I think you might find them also here in the forum if you look for JavaPack, which also experienced the same symptom on some platforms. It's also useful to see if the service works in Server Jobs.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

Hi. Thanks for the response. I think we fixed that problem because we did run into it. We set DATASTAGE_JVM -> jre/bin/jv9m and another one, so I think that is what you are referring to.

OK, and perhaps i'll try to see what happens from a server job, like you said.

Thanks again for your input.

Nicole

eostic wrote:Hmm. Haven't seen exactly this, but in 8.x the Web Services Pack was broken in terms of its ability to locate the JVM.... Somewhere I have the env vars needed for AIX, but I think you might find them also here in the forum if you look for JavaPack, which also experienced the same symptom on some platforms. It's also useful to see if the service works in Server Jobs.

Ernie