Corrupted Datastage Project

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gfilidei
Participant

Post by gfilidei »

I had a project named "ABC" that is no longer visible in the "Projects" tab on "Datastage Administrator" because of some system crash. I've tried to create a new project with the same name and location, but Datastage returned the following:

"DSR.ADMIN: A schema called "ABC" already exists. This must be dropped before the project can be created"

I've delete the project directory on the filesystem, but nothing have changed. So, what can I do in order to drop a project that is not listed on "Datastage Administrator" ??? Can it be done from command line ??

Thank you all
Giacomo
Giacomo Filidei
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you execute the query "LIST UV.ACCOUNT" from TCL or the command line tool in the administrator, is that project still listed? If yes you can do the following:

a) create a dummy new project somewhere
b) from UNXI, create the missing directory for the ABC project as it listed from the "UV.ACCOUNT" command, the copy the complete contents of the new dummy project into it
c) delete the dummy project and the ABC one from the ADMINistrator.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may need to use the VERIFY.SQL command, if what Arnd suggested does not work, to remove the entries pertaining to the improperly deleted project from the system tables that describe that project.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gfilidei
Participant

Post by gfilidei »

I've tried both solution, but nothing has happened.

Is there a way to know which Universe tables are involved in project metadata ?
Maybe if I were able to change the name of corrupted project in those tables then I could be able to define a new project whit that name.

Thank you all
Giacomo
Giacomo Filidei
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

gfilidei - please give some details, there is little more frustrating than hearing "it didn't work" when trying to analyze a problem. There are infinite ways for things not working.

To go back to my suggestion. When you entered "LIST UV.ACCOUNT" did you, or did you not, see the missing project?
gfilidei
Participant

Post by gfilidei »

ArndW wrote:gfilidei - please give some details, there is little more frustrating than hearing "it didn't work" when trying to analyze a problem. There are infinite ways for things not working.

To go back to my suggestion. When you entered "LIST UV.ACCOUNT" did you, or did you not, see the missing project?
OK. I'm sorry...
I've executed the command LIST UV.ACCOUNT and I did not see the missing project. So I ran the command VERIFY.SQL, but nothing has happened, I just received this message:
-------------------------------------------
** Invalid VERIFY.SQL operation.

1 verify operation discontinued.

Items marked with a '!' are information messages only.
Items marked with a '*' can be fixed using the FIX option to VERIFY.SQL.
Items marked with a '**' are situations where VERIFY.SQL could not continue.
-------------------------------------------

I hope this is enough...
Thanks

Giacomo
Giacomo Filidei
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Try "VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA {YourMissingProjectName}"
gfilidei
Participant

Post by gfilidei »

ArndW wrote:Try "VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA {YourMissingProjectName}" ...
Done!
I've also run "VERIFY.SQL SCHEMA {MyMissingProjectName} FIX" and everithing was OK. Datastage fixed errors and now I'm able to recreate the project with the same name.

Thank You very much!!!

Giacomo
Giacomo Filidei