how to specify default values for the environment variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cparru
Participant

how to specify default values for the environment variables

Post by cparru »

I have created some environemnt variables using designer. how to specify default values for these environment variables.
HSBCdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by HSBCdev »

How did you create the environment variables? I think you may need to use DSAddEnvVar from the Datastage Dev Kit
cparru
Participant

Post by cparru »

HSBCdev wrote:How did you create the environment variables? I think you may need to use DSAddEnvVar from the Datastage Dev Kit

I created them using the datastage designer and from the properties window. But it does not have the option of specifying the default values at the time of creation. I need to specify the values for each of the parameters. Any suggestions on how to do it.
HSBCdev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by HSBCdev »

HSBCdev wrote:I think you may need to use DSAddEnvVar from the Datastage Dev Kit
As you say, you don't get the option of setting defaults when you add a new user-defined env var through the Designer GUI
cparru
Participant

Post by cparru »

HSBCdev wrote:
HSBCdev wrote:I think you may need to use DSAddEnvVar from the Datastage Dev Kit
As you say, you don't get the option of setting defaults when you add a new user-defined env var through the Designer GUI

can you pls eloborate the use of this and where can i find this etc....it would be a great help for me.

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Add environment variables to the project using Administrator client. You can set default values while doing so.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.