sequential operator cannot preserve partitioning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aquilis
Participant

sequential operator cannot preserve partitioning

Post by Aquilis »

Hi,
i am not using any sequential file stage.But i am getting "sequential operator cannot preserve partitioning" error for the oracle database stage(DRS Stage).
I am doing 'Hash partitioning' in transformer stage and then loading data into Oracle Database through DRS stage.
Is it necessary to set 'clear' in preserve partitioning in transformer before loading into database.
Same Job performed well in Development as well as test Environments,but this problem occured only in production itself.
Does it required any environment setup there.
I think this error occurs when we are working with sequential stage ? but i am getting this at database stage.

Thanks,
aquilis...
Aquilis
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Search helps - check out this post.
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

I have searched all the posts,those all point to sequential file stage. But i am getting this error in Database stage.so the solution will be same for all the stages.

Thanks,
aquilis..
Aquilis
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They point to a sequential operator, not necessarily to a sequential file stage. Any stage can be constrained, mandatorily or otherwise, to execute in sequential mode. It suggests that your database stage is constrained to execute in sequential mode.

But, be be certain, can you post the entire message so that we can be sure that the message is indeed coming from the stage you assert?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.