RTI Installation

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rs
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTI Installation

Post by rs »

Hi all,
i installed RTIServer, RTIAgent, RTIConsole on an existing Datastage Server. The server is on windows.
After the installation i do not have the check box "RTI Service enabled" in the job properties in a server job.
There is no RTI-Input and RTI-Output stages either.

I found following entry at the DSXchange forum which is similar to my problem:
viewtopic.php?t=99023&highlight=uvregen

I am not sure if a separate license is needed but I try to license the RTI package with the uvregen command shown in the article. It did not work because we have a license document without an Authorization Code!

The license documents are "Realtime Integration Services" and "RTI-Bindings"

Any suggestions or ideas besides a complete new installation?

Regards, Ralf
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Welcome. :D
rs wrote:It did not work because we have a license document without an Authorization Code!
So... you don't have an auth code for RTI? Without that you're not going to get much working.

And you don't (typically) install all of the components on the DataStage server. The 'RTIAgent' is the only piece that must go there. The Console goes on whatever Client PC(s) will need to administer / deploy RTI jobs. The RTIServer component goes on your... not sure what to call it... where your jobs will be deployed. For example, we use WebLogic so the RTI Server is installed on our WebLogic servers.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Yes...the RTI authorization code is required, and here's the catch --- it's an auth code that permits "this" DataStage Server to work with RTI..... once you get that authorization code it must be applied to DataStage....(RTI itself has no auth codes)....you must do a re-install of that particular DataStage Server, specifying this auth code in the appropriate place. Then you will see the new Stage types and options for exposing DataStage Jobs as a Service.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>