How to identify number of datastage processes?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to identify number of datastage processes?

Post by kollurianu »

Hi All,

How to identify number of processes when a datastage job is running?
To know how many processes have intiated when a parallel job is initiated.

Thank you all.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Look up "APT_DUMP_SCORE" - when set it will tell you exactly how many processes were started for a job run.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Look up "APT_DUMP_SCORE" - when set it will tell you exactly how many processes were started for a job run.
Where to lookup for the above parameter or value , can we see something on unix prompt , when we run a "ps" command.

Thank you all.
kollurianu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kollurianu »

Where to lookup for the above parameter or value , can we see something on unix prompt , when we run a "ps" command.
Yes I found the variable "APT_DUMP_SCORE" in the administrator under environment variables , under reporting category , which set as false,

if I make the value as true , where will I be able to see how parallel processes are running for a particular job.

is there any to check on unix prompt.

Thank you,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Set APT_PM_SHOW_PIDS to have player processes log their pids. The ppid of each is the section leader on that particular processing node. You can then use dsjob to read the relevant log entries, and ps to see the processes from the UNIX environment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

kollurianu wrote:[...Yes I found the variable "APT_DUMP_SCORE" in the administrator under environment variables , under reporting category , which set as false,if I make the value as true , where will I be able to see how parallel processes are running for a particular job...
If you set it to "true" you can see an extra entry in the DataStage log for that run.