Datastage jobs are showing aborted in dierctor

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagehunter
Participant

Datastage jobs are showing aborted in dierctor

Post by datastagehunter »

Hi

datastgae job shows aborted in director, but the shellscript log shows successful execution,in director log there was no records.Please help me on this!!!
Thx
Aj
hi
i want to learn datastage which was use ful for emprove my skills
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What do you mean no log in the director, did someone clear the logs?
How is your script identifying the job status, what command are you using to run your jobs and check the status?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

There's not one record in the log to prove that the job actually ran? There should be at least a startup log message to prove the aborted job was actually ran.

We can't speak to what your shellscript log shows as we don't know what it did or assumed happened. If your logic at the shell script shows that it successfully ran the job, then correlate that execution to that of the job. If the job was in an aborted state, maybe your shell script didn't handle that situation as it assumes the job is always runnable.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
datastagehunter
Participant

DSguru2B, kcbland
Thanks for your inputs,

Q) What do you mean no log in the director, did someone clear the logs?
People are saying when there were to many entries the log shows empty
Nobody clear the logs, it was happened earlier times.
How is your script identifying the job status, what command are you using to run your jobs and check the status?

There was a script which wills kickoff DataStage jobs, for status check we will see in director log.

Kcbland
I have also same thought like you which is
Maybe your shell script didn't handle that situation as it assumes the job is always runnable.
So we are rerunning the job again.
hi
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Log does not magically disappear. It must be purging the logs based on the purge criteria set (individual or global).
If the script does not report the jobstatus then your script needs to be enhanced or else your script will always finish with status code of 0 and you might have failed jobs. And as Ken noted earlier, there has to be atleast a single line in your log file explaining what happened.
Also make sure you do not have any active filters to view your log, if you do, clear all the filters.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
datastagehunter
Participant

DSguru thank you very much for your input
hi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Post the dsjob command from the script. In particular does it use -jobstatus to wait for the job to finish?

Does the script subsequently use the -jobinfo option to determine what happened?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.