Oracle Stage Insert Update and Delete

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle Stage Insert Update and Delete

Post by irajasekharhexa »

Hi,

In one of the Job we are loading the source records into oracle table based on the following constraints.

If flag value is A Then that record needs to be inserted
If flag value is D Then that record needs to be deleted from the target
If flag value is U Then that record needs to be updated at the target

Can we achive all the above functionality bu using a single Oracle stage or any routine is required?

Thanks in advance.

Regds
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,
I am not sure whether this can be applicable to your post.But this is just one idea. :idea:

You can use a transformer before loading it into the table.In the transformer you can use the constraints...for three different links...doing update,insert and delete...but you have to change the properties to Sequential instead of Parallel.. :roll:
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,
I am not sure whether this can be applicable to your post.But this is just one idea. :idea:

You can use a transformer before loading it into the table.In the transformer you can use the constraints...for three different links...doing update,insert and delete...but you have to change the properties to Sequential instead of Parallel.. :roll:
cundyp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Filter Stage

Post by cundyp »

I think the filter stage would be more efficient, splitting out three links (delete, insert, update).
Pete Cundy
Leawood, Kansas