SQLSTATE=08S01

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dspxguy
Participant

SQLSTATE=08S01

Post by dspxguy »

What is this related to, is it a locking issue?

Code: Select all

SQLSTATE=08S01, DBMS.CODE=0
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver]Socket closed.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SQLState is a generic ODBC error. Use your favorite search engine to discover more about it. Somewhere, somehow, a socket being used to communicate with DB2 has been closed - you need to do some (external to DataStage) detective work to track that down. Get your DBA and network administrator involved.

You might also try using the non-wired driver, which works through the DB2 client software.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

Thanks Ray...The network team and DBA's will be involved. I am happy it is not a DataStage issue :P
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, but it may be a problem in the Ascential-supplied DataDirect ODBC driver - you need to track down which end of the socket communication got closed, and why.

An ODBC trace, which you can set up in .odbc.ini, would probably be helpful.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.