Error while logging in Administrator

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dwuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error while logging in Administrator

Post by dwuser »

Hi,

We have completed the installation and configuration of DS8 as per the installation document.

But we face an issue while logging in the Administrator/Designer/Director. Users have been created in the web console.

Please find below the error we receive.

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain:
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://sol10-fj5:2809". Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running. A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809. Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

Any help is greatly appeciated.

Thanks,
dwuser.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I can only suggest that, if you really did "complete the installation and configuration of DS8 as per the installation document" then the document is deficient.

Read Vincent's blog on the issues he had getting DS8 to install.

I, for one, plan not to be an early adopter of this version!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.