update stratagies

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kishoresfw
Participant

update stratagies

Post by kishoresfw »

I have doubt in update stratagies in datastages?

my main edoubt is how can we get update stratagies in oracle enterprise database stge?

anotger5 one

what is the exzact meaning of fatal error?
kishore.p
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Welcome to DSXchange, kishoresfw.

If you can narrow down your questions you will find that you will get much better answers. It also helps to post queries in the appropriate area. This area is for discussions about the site itself and is not meant for technical questions.

The concept of an "update strategy" can have many meanings depending upon context and doesn't necessarily pertain to a given stage or even a database.

A fatal error is one which causes a program or process to stop. There are many possible causes for fatal errors - ranging from unhandled conditions to people unplugging disk drives.
wannabexpert
Participant

Post by wannabexpert »

I am having a doubt in oracle update strategy.My requirement is to update a oracle table after my first job gets over.I tried using
oracle(sourcetable)---------->oracle(sametable as target) and have given update userdefined query in the target oracle stage..this is updating the table so many times based on the input row count.How to do update only once
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Eek!
Not only do you hijack a thread, but you hijack a thread that's in the wrong forum in the first place! There must be some kind of award for that!

Meanwhile please open a new thread in the appropriate forum (server or parallel) so that you can get an answer relevant to your platform.
Wannabexpert, eh?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wannabexpert
Participant

Post by wannabexpert »

[quote="ray.wurlod"][color=darkred][b]Eek![/b]
Not only do you hijack a thread, but you hijack a thread that's in the wrong forum in the first place! There must be some kind of award for that![/color]

Meanwhile please open a new thread in the appropriate forum (server or parallel) so that you can get an answer relevant to your platform.
Wannabexpert, eh?[/quote]

ok..I am posting it in the corresponding forum.i thought this senario will narrow down kishoresfw question.