Email Notification

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abilashkreddy
Participant

Email Notification

Post by abilashkreddy »

Can we give email notifications for warnings in datastage server jobs rather than in the Job Sequence.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In the job that generates the warnings? Sure, don't see why not as long as it doesn't abort. An after-job routine that checks the interim status and sends the mail directly. No clue how one does that on Windows, on UNIX it could a direct call to 'sendmail' or 'mailx' or whatever.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
abilashkreddy
Participant

Post by abilashkreddy »

Thanks
Last edited by abilashkreddy on Thu May 10, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No, as I wouldn't do that and so haven't ever built one. And as I noted, I've no clue how one would do that on a Windows server, so I'll leave that exercise to others, if any are willing...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only for money.

This is a user community, not a consultancy service. You can hire consultants from the parent company who hosts DSXchange (DCS Strategies) or from some of the independent consultants who post here. You can even hire consulting services from your vendor.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.