Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshrr3
Premium Member
Premium Member

Formatting Code blocks as plaintext?

Post by rameshrr3 »

Code: Select all

Does any text posted as "Code" become plaintext( fixed width text) instead of just "Courier" in a browser? :?:  :idea: 
If Not is there a way the site admin can make this change? Or is it just that a programming background forces me to think of code as monospaced text? :roll:

What i have noticed is that if i set the "Ignore font styles" property in the accessibility options of Internet Explorer, Code fragment is displayed as normal (variable width) text, its not considered as plaintext by the browser and doesn't display in the plaintext font set in my browser(usually Letter Gothic).
whardeman

Post by whardeman »

Thanks for your suggestion.

Code blocks are displayed with the Courier or Courier New font and all characters contained therein are displayed literally unformatted. However, code blocks are not technically plaintext in the MIME-TYPE sense.

Unfortunately, this is one of the limitations of the phpBB software. While it might be possible to re-program code blocks to display as plaintext rather than formatted xhtml, it is not a feasible change to make.
Walter Hardeman
Webmaster