Websphere MQ: New Daylight Saving Time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Websphere MQ: New Daylight Saving Time

Post by yaminids »

Hello friends,

We have DataStage 7.5.x installed on Linux along with Websphere MQ plug-in. I got an email from IBM about the new Daylight Saving Time starting next month

As per the IBM website there is no need to patch up DataStage application as it derives the date from the OS
I am a little confused when it comes to Websphere MQ plug-in. Do we have to apply any kind of patch to adhere to the new Daylight Saving Time?

Please direct me to the topic if it's already been discussed
Thanks a lot in advance
Yamini
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I just came across the bulletin myself and blogged about it. Looks like there is no impact on DataStage, QualityStage, MetaStage or ProfileStage version 7.5.x but there is an impact on the java runtime engine used by the DataStage JAVA PACK, SOA edition and RTI.

You will need to make sure you have applied any MQ patches to your MQ server and your operating system but there is nothing in the bulletin about the plugin itself.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The discussion of 'WebSphere DataStage' and the fact that it does not require any patches includes all of the 'normal' plug-ins. Many of the PACKs require no patch as well, however those associated with Java or a JVM do:

Java PACK for DataStage
Web Services PACK for DataStage
WebSphere DataStage SOA Edition (RTI)

These are what need patching.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Craig, what you posted, IMHO, should be on the main page as a reminder for all. Its important piece of information.
Maybe the webmaster can do that. Just a thought....
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There is a specific topic for DST changes in the General forum, but I'll repeat the official URL here:

https://www.ascential.com/eservice/public/dst.jsp
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Great... thanks guys
I will inform the Infrastructure team that we don't need any patches to be applied to the MQ plug-in for Daylight Saving Time