Failed to connect to host:Project: UV (Internal Error(39202)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yogesh.singh@target.com
Participant

Failed to connect to host:Project: UV (Internal Error(39202)

Post by yogesh.singh@target.com »

When i am trying to connect to dataStge I am getting the following the error.

Failed to connect to host: <host name> Project: UV (Internal Error(39202))

When I try to recycle the server and bring it up it shows the error:

An error has occurred during DataStage initialization
Please contact the system administrator

To fix this I tried rebooting the server, for some time problem gets resolved but it re-occurss.

Does anyone have idea how to solve this?

Thanks
Yogesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello Yogesh, and welcome to DSXchange! If you use the search facility, you will find many results for "39202", one or more of which might help you further.
Did DS work before this error? What happened between the time it worked and the time it didn't? Do you get any errors when stopping and starting DataStage from from UNIX command line?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are 100% certain that you are calling the original "uv" command in the $DSHOME/bin path when starting DataStage then you probably have a serious problem; since the SQL server connectivity isn't part of the startup procedure!

Can you enter into TCL by calling up "uv" or "uvsh" and get the ">" prompt?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Has your licence expired? If not, it appears that the server installation has become corrupted, and you may need to re-install.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yogesh.singh@target.com
Participant

Post by yogesh.singh@target.com »

when server crashes i cannot login to uvsh.

Hey Ray, hope you remember me I was in your class in Target bangalore ETL Admin.

License has not expired. But yea if we clear the shared memory segments we don't have to reboot the server, normal recycle works to bring it up.

Plus one project on this server uses SQL SERVER and one job uses the table that is shown in the error when we open director for that job the server crashes.

Thanks
Yogesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error message suggests that some or all of the SYS.MESSAGE hashed file has been trashed, perhaps via a file unit management error.

Can you please execute the following commands, either within the DataStage environment on the server or from the Administrator client command window and post the results?

Code: Select all

COUNT SYS.MESSAGE

UVFIXFILE SYS.MESSAGE

ANALYZE.FILE SYS.MESSAGE STATS
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSRajesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DSRajesh »

May be the issues with login credentials what you are giving

Moreover this is unable to connect with server due to proper settings problem in installation of datastage server.

some dlls might be missing also will leads to this error
RD