DataStage engine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

DataStage engine

Post by sumesh.abraham »

What is data stage engine? What is its purpose?
tagnihotri
Participant

Re: DataStage engine

Post by tagnihotri »

Hmmm for a DS forum like thee the question is just like what is brain and whats the purpose!

Sorry if I sound rude, but please go through the pdf's and basic search before posting such querries! Because answering such a vast and open question won't be as simple as posting!

sumesh.abraham wrote:What is data stage engine? What is its purpose?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

tagnihotri wrote:what is brain and whats the purpose!
This is actually one of the all-time favourite philosophical questions! Part of the bigger question of the mind/brain duality question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tagnihotri
Participant

Post by tagnihotri »

Ray, I am preety sure expert like you must be having answer to this also :wink:
ray.wurlod wrote:
tagnihotri wrote:what is brain and whats the purpose!
This is actually one of the all-time favourite philosophical questions! Part of the bigger question of the mind/brain duality question.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

tagnihotri wrote:Ray, I am preety sure expert like you must be having answer to this also :wink:
Like Wiki
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
StageZilla
Participant

Post by StageZilla »

Okay , Im hazarding a guess to this question

DataStage Engine : An engine is a service, an executable program that runs in the background, the data stage engine uses the UniVerse database and RPC services and a few others.

What is the purpose : It provides the runtime environment to develop, deploy and run your jobs.

Finally my question : Did you pick this one up from geekinterview? We are looking for some talent, and to save on our costs, looks like we can hire you.

Brain : The brain is an organ that developed from a primitive nerve cluster on chordates.

What is the purpose of brain : To remind you that your life is under threat, if you dont listen to what it says.

Moderator : No points for this one!
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Welcome StageZilla. Nice name.
Mamu Kim